Man in Overalls helps you #GrowYourGroceries!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"All in a Day's Work," or "A Day in Overalls"



It was a busy day today. First, I built, filled and planted a raised-bed vegetable garden at Jackie's house. Collard and cabbage plants, carrot, mustard, radish and lettuce sees. You can see the finished bed to the right.


And then, I moved on to spruce up Faith Presbyterian's -my home church- children's garden before the young folks arrived for Wednesday night program: Planting the fall garden. We planted brussels sprout, collard, lettuce, rosemary, and a few late winter squash and basil plants; carrot, radish, and snap pea seeds. Last spring, the kids named it "God's Giving Garden." Any surplus food will be distributed through a food-pantry being developed in partnership with St. Stevens Lutheran, a church across the street. Take a look at the kids at work.

Around the edges of work, I made a little stop-action video. It makes me laugh. If I can figure out how to upload it... Ahha!

Questions? Contact Us via

Email. Phone: (850) 322-0749. Facebook. Or, Form.